Sunday 6 July 2014

Its a special day....

Hi everyone. Hope you are all keeping well and happy. I wanted to check in today as it is a special day for me. 5 years ago today I got 'that' call. The one that changed my life forever. I  don't consider this as my five year remission date as that is marked from the date you finish your treatment, which will be January 2015. But I have made it to 5years from my date of diagnosis, so I think it is pretty special. It could have been so very different. I consider myself so incredibly lucky and am so beyond grateful to be one of those that fell into the right side of 30%. I hear so many sad stories all the time about those that are not so lucky and this serves as a daily reminder to me of how very blessed I have been.

My friend Vicky text me to say I had styled the hell out of each and every one of the 1825 days. This made me smile and I think it is so true in many ways. Sometimes I have felt like I have been just hanging on in there 'faking' my way through the sentence, but mostly I have just been embracing and celebrating every day. As Indy might say it has been one 'epic' journey.

 Life has been good. My business with my partner Claire is going well. We have landed some great work with Unilever, Tesco, British Gas, My Wardrobe.com and more. It is both scary and exciting but most of all it is fun. I am working hard but it is so different when it is for yourself, and we get to choose our hours around our priority - our family. We have had someone show an interest in investing in us to build an agency and as an aside, I had an offer for a job in Sydney. So lets just say, life is very interesting at the moment. Watch this space.....

My sister has just reached her 40th birthday and we have just had a great weekend celebrating. We are going to Vegas together to continue the party in style. The two of us will be jetting off in October for 6 days and I can't wait to show Keely around one of the best cities in the world and have some 121 time with my little sis.

I have the most wonderful summer planned that I could only ever dream of. As I have always worked for companies, I have never been able to take much time off in the school holidays to spend with Indyana. I promised myself that this year would be different. It is my final year of remission and in celebration, I  am taking 4 weeks off. We will go to my mums  in  Spain with Keely and the boys for a week. I love seeing Indy and her cousins together in the mountains. Then I take off to Portugal with my best buddies Keeley (King) and Julie and all the kids for a week. And then finally, we have our family holiday in Ibiza for 2 weeks. I know this is massively extravagant and it will never happen again but.... I simply can't wait. A whole month with my little girl, who is just the best company in the world. My little drama queen is is the throws of growing into a little girl. She is so inquisitive about life at the moment  and just so funny  -  I could literally eat her.

So please have a wonderful summer. Remember what a gift life is and enjoy....

xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment