Thursday 20 February 2014

Chapter 14 - The title of my blog


We were having dinner one night with Tracey and Steve at our new home, when inevitably the conversation turned to my cancer. Steve is Tracey's lovely husband. A fellow scouser whom Tracey also met in LA, and our great friend. We both went all the way to Los Angeles to meet scousers!! 
Steve said in his accent, 'Nat, you just have to think of it as a bloody big inconvenience.' 
I remember feeling indignant. An inconvenience!? Really!!! It was surely more than that. 
For some reason though, it stuck. I do not want to underestimate what anyone might be going through right now but  sometimes, it helped me personally gain some calm. It helped me try to give my cancer some context in my life and some optimism about a future without it. It was a blip, a big fat bloody annoying blip. I kept this thought tucked away for when things got to much. 
Come on Natalie, it's just a bloody big inconvenience............

No comments:

Post a Comment