Wednesday 26 February 2014

chapter 18 Daddy is that you?

This is a quick and funny little story. After my treatment ended on December 28th 2010, I decided I needed a holiday. I got permission from my consultant and we booked a week away at the end of January in Cape Verde. We went away with Jay and Keeley and their two babies, Regan and Mika.
It was a much needed if strained holiday. All I had on my mind was results. I had a post treatment scan and the results were due in February. I couldn't really get this out of my mind. Had it worked? Do I get to live or die?
We had adjoining rooms with Jay and Keeley and the kids were in and out of our rooms. I kept my wig on at all times but at one point Regan came into the room and caught me without it.

'Daddy' he said.
He thought I was Jay - bald daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment