Thursday 13 February 2014

My very first blog - i hope it can help.....


A Bloody Big Inconvenience

I am writing these memoirs for a host of reasons.
Firstly as a thank you to Indyana for saving me. She is and will always be my world. I want her to know how she helped her mummy and made it all OK. Then to Paul for keeping his promise and never wobbling. The same for Mum and Dad, who gave up their new life in Spain to come stand by my side throughout. To my sister who I know went through it with me. They all walked in my footsteps. And to my girls, Tracey, Keeley, Julie, Leeanne, Tanya, Merille, Siobhaun, Vicky, Rhonda, Sam, Claire and Nancy. And the boys, Jay, Luke and Stevie Lamb. I love you all. This group of people define my life.
The other reason is because I want to provide some hope for others that are going through it now. I really struggled to find many good news stories when I was diagnosed and God knows, I needed them. There will be women being diagnosed as I write and their worlds being blown apart. Well, you can get through it just like I did. I hope my story might help you through the dark times.
And finally, for therapy. For me. This is the first time in 4 years, I have been able to release all of the feelings and emotions that I have experienced. And it has felt good. It has been hard and there have been tears but mostly I feel proud. Proud of who I am and how I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment