Sunday 23 February 2014

Natalie - the private eye...




After the initial euphoria of reuniting with my family and friends, it became apparent fairly quickly that I had not shaken my travelling bug. I felt really unsettled when I returned from Oz. I quickly settled into a new social routine with friends, old and new. I hadn't decided whether to get back into education at this stage. Not forgetting I was still only 20 years old!
I came across a job advertisement in the local paper for an administrator for a locally based private  investigation company. After a successful interview, I started my job and soon realised that my administrative duties were quite far stretched. Basically, I became a private eye!! I had to accompany Pat, the experienced detective on a number of jobs. Once we posed as a couple looking to buy a new home, whilst trying to engage the unsuspecting benefit fraudster about his life, work and sports habits. Another time, we were doing real stake-outs following a suspected adulterer. My acting skills definately came in handy. Suffice to say, this is another job that did not make my CV. 
I stayed in the UK just about long enough to celebrate my 21st birthday party - a joint affair in Rudolphs in Tottenham with Jay. Our birthdays are a week apart. 
And 6 months later, Tracey and I were off again. I needed another adventure. This time L.A. bound. X

No comments:

Post a Comment